- We are now on Facebook and Pinterest! I'm still finding my way around but feel free to follow or say hello.
- Do you remember my post on Jack's DIY Leaning Tower? You can now see Jack using his tower independently on video here at fifteen months. His mum Jackie explained to me that he was using the tower before he could walk. Wow!
- Recently I featured photographs of Caspar riding his bike using training wheels. I have read the benefits of balance bikes before but here is an article on Balance Bikes and Montessori (thanks Heike!).
- Are you a fan of the Book Depository? I've just discovered they stock our book Kids in the Kitchen. I know this is a great option for those who live outside the US.
- This isn't an update but I really wanted to share this post with you about rituals.
"At Little Earth, we have a lunch ritual that nourishes not only the body, but also the soul.
A ritual is giving full attention to the ordinary. Rituals are emotional nurturing. They create a known, safe heaven, but at the same time provide for creative experiences that produce divine moments. Moments you can FEEL. Rituals come from the Hearth and are authentic. If done with full attention, rituals can feed us all, the body, the mind and the soul!"
Beautiful! This discussion is as applicable to the home as it is to the school environment. Making the everyday special and a lunch ritual is a great place to start.