I often shop on Etsy for my children, sometimes for clothes sometimes for learning materials. It is filled with ideas and inspiration. Here are a few things on my wishlist for little nature lovers.
- Kids Organic Birds T-shirt - Otis has a bug shirt by this company and he wore it for many years. I've ordered a new bug and this bird shirt for Otto, they are adorable.
- Plant These to Help Save the Bees Tote - I love everything in Hannah Rosengren's store! The tote would be lovely to take on a nature walk or to the farmers market!
- Bee and Flower Sticker Set - includes honeybees, bumblebees and, flowers known to attract them. We saw our first bumblebees this week and they are so cute and fluffy! My kids love to use stickers and this feels like a great way to learn about bees, flowers and, pollination.
- Frog Lifecycle Story Rocks - We've been observing the frog life cycle at a small pond at our local nature reserve, it's the first time we've seen a complete lifecycle in nature, in person. As my boys have been attending forest school (once a week) I have a new appreciation for learning outside and using more natural materials. These realistic drawing on rocks are ideal for this type frog work. Wouldn't it be fun to have the children make their own lifecycle story stones, no plastic models needed!
- Tide Pool Layered Puzzle - This has so much detail and contains five tide zone layers.
- Educational Feather Collection - this is a collection which can include labeled (common and scientific name) feathers would be lovely for an at home collection or for a school setting. While we collect a lot of feathers it's nice to have different types to study and they always look fantastic on display!
A few other things I'm loving include this Amazing Earthworm Poster, Woodland Enamel Mugs (I just ordered one, couldn't resist), Bee Temporary Tattoos and this Life is Beautiful poster. Please feel free to share your latest Montessori or nature loving finds on Etsy.