This post was due to be published on Friday however we decided to take a road trip and I ended up going screen free Friday and all weekend. We had the most relaxing time and found ourselves driving almost the length of England. This picture is from Morecambe in Lancashire, it has an amazing coastline. We are starting to feel settled here in the UK and are looking forward to doing a little more traveling. Anyway, here are a few articles that I've been enjoying:
- This whole site is inspiring - 1000 Hours Outside.
- Still on the outdoors theme - which is so important. The Perks of Play-in-the-Mud Educational Philosophy. When did America decide preschool should be in a classroom? at The Atlantic.
- I found this super interesting What Charlotte Mason homeschoolers ought to learn from Waldorf at Juniper Pines, Guilt-free Charlotte Mason homeschooling.
- We Love the Montessori Newborn Baby Space in Our Living Room at Christina Chitwood.
- Would this work in your home? The Secret to Magic Mornings? Put the Kids to Work at the New York Times (written about an Australian family).
- I always love Sarah's (Waldorf teacher and owner Bella Luna Toys) advice! Gardening with Children at Moon Child.
- Our Montessori School Change at The Red Tent. Please read this if you are considering Montessori or alternative schooling for your children.
I hope you had a good weekend. I'll be back tomorrow with some more Montessori goodness.