There are so many good and inspiring materials available on Etsy. It's easy to find natural learning and Montessori style activities for your children. I often find ideas on Etsy that I can DIY or gift ideas that I can put away for later. Best of all these materials are made by hand often by teachers or parents. Here are a few Etsy finds that I am loving, buying and DIYing!
1. Children's Ornithology, Naturalist, Nature Study, Loose Parts Kit - This would be a great way to start a nature table or bird/egg/nest themed exploration area with lots of basic pieces. There are small parts though so I would recommend for preschoolers (not toddlers). I love that this comes neatly packed in its own container too.
2. Ceramic Milk Jug - There is something about the polka-dots that tells me this needs to be a children's kitchen. As a water or milk jug (how lovely for the breakfast table) or even as a vase, it's perfect!
3. Nature Stamps - This seller has a whole series of gorgeous nature-based stamps, I love the squirrels but also the badgers and the bees. It's also useful that you can order various coloured stamp pads from the same seller.
4. Photographs of Nature Items including Seedpods and Fungi - These are lovely, photographs of interesting and beautiful nature items. I've spoken to the seller and she is aiming to make some of these nature photographs available in a digital file, which would be useful for international buyers who can then download and print.
5. Tidepool Invitation to Play/Loose Parts - This concept is excellent, it contains photographs of real and interesting items found in nature (the tidepool) plus lots of nature items such as shells and loose parts like model animals (from the tidepool). I wish this was local to me as I would order it ASAP (they don't ship to UK) so I'm going to DIY this, Otis will love it so much!
6. Toddler Lock Box - Lock boxes are great for children starting around the 18-month to two years mark. This one has lovely, simple design that will keep those little hands busy.
7. Shapes Puzzle - This arrived yesterday and it's beautiful. It's a little smaller than I expected but the wood grain is stunning. I ordered a few items from this store and they are all finished so smooth with the same beautiful wood grain. I'd suggest this puzzle from 12 months+.
8. Geoboard for Toddlers - I love this for learning basic shapes, it's nice and simple with a 3x3 peg design. Geoboards are so versatile, an older child could make more complex shapes, small pictures or scenes or even letters of the alphabet.
9. Little Wood Pot with Lid - This little pot is so useful I wish I had more. Perfect for storing little items on your Montessori trays such as little beads, postage stamps, rubber bands for your geoboard, small items for pasting and more. You can see the same little pot used on a pasting tray by Otis at two years here. There are a few stores that sell these so it's worth looking around.
10. Children's Fruit and Vegetable Cutter - I was skeptical about this, we've always used a metal crinkle cutter, but it has all five-star reviews and parents are commenting that their children can use it to cut fruit and vegetables. I've ordered it to give it a try, worst case scenario it would be good to use with playdough. The international shipping on this was reasonable.
11. Toddler Spirograph Set - Seriously! How cute is this? It would be so good (and perhaps a little challenging) for their fine and gross motor skills. On my wishlist now.
12. Farm Animal Memory Game - These are super sweet with clear images of farm animals. For matching, playing memory or perhaps put magnets on the back or for storytelling.
I hope you've enjoyed this round-up. If you are an Etsy seller or have something you would recommend, please feel free to share and leave a link in the comments.