Yesterday I wrote about one of our activity trays with scales (balance bucket) and some coloured glass beads, shells and wood pieces. Here are some other Montessori and Inquiry-Based learning ideas that I love. These activities are also really easy to put together. Our scales were around $15, or you could use kitchen scales, and we simply use materials we already have at home! So many of these examples use natural materials but I also like the idea of using standard size blocks (#8) where the blocks are of equal weight. I adore the sensory table for younger children (#6). I think I will try a set up like #3 next, where the child has a variety of materials to weigh and record - it looks fantastic for some additional math and literacy skills!
1. Balance bucket with loose parts at How we Montessori (on our shelves here).
2. Maths In the Playground at An idea on Tuesday.
3. Magnet Trays and Scale Weighing at Learning Cente of Dundee Omaha, Nebraska
4. Fall Inspired Weighing Activity with Balance Scales at Montessori from the Heart.
5. General Math Provocations at Welcome to Primary.
6. Balance Scales in the Sensory Table at An Everyday Story.
7. Balance scales at How we Montessori.
8. Exploring Measurement Through Play - Mass at Suzie's Home Education Ideas.