If ever I am in doubt about the quality of education my child receives I just need to visit the school. I'm impressed every-time.
Yesterday I attended a child parent session and loved every minute. Why I love our Montessori school:
- As soon as Caspar enters his class he transforms into a more serene, mature and confident child.
- Every material he could want is available to him. I love looking around his class, into every tray. It doesn't matter if he uses a material once or once a day, I appreciate that he has the opportunity to experience, touch, explore so much.
- Large windows, flowers, natural materials - Montessori classrooms are among the most beautiful I've ever seen.
- Patient and caring staff. You know I love teachers and I think we have some of the best. They're not only trained teachers they are trained Montessori teachers. I love that they can answer every Montessori question I have.
- Sense of community. Have a look at Otis pictured above at a school event. So much fun and it's nice to feel that sense of community.
- Being surrounded by like-minded people. Books, blogs and emails offer so much but being surrounded in person by other Montessori parents is wonderful.
- A love of learning is paramount. It's heart warming to see Caspar so excited about learning, he used the moveable alphabet to spell out some words, it didn't matter that they were terribly incorrect, what matters is that he is excited and enthused by the material.
- Cleanliness and order. I love that everything has it's place and it's the responsibility of the children to maintain the cleanliness and order of their class. So many children can be working each at a different table or on the floor, each doing their own activity and there is still order and calmness.
- I love the freedom of movement. If a child is thirsty they can get a drink. It they need to visit the bathroom they can do so. No one is forced to sit still or has to ask to move around.
I could go on. I know that not everyone has access to a high quality Montessori school. This is why I support Montessori for All. If you are looking for a school in Austin definitely click over and read all about Magnolia Montessori For All. You can also support Montessori for All by liking them on their Facebook page.
"We believe that the quality of our educational opportunities should not be determined by our families’ incomes and that all children deserve the chance to reach their enormous potential." - Montessori for All
We have spent many hours working on the book Kids in the Kitchen: Simple Recipes that Build Confidence and Independence the Montessori Way. All of the funds raised from the sale of the book will go towards Montessori for All. We are going to miss our release date of June 4 but I will keep you updated. We are finalising a few fine details and the book will be released very, very soon. I might be a bit biased but the book it looking very, very good and I know you will love it!