This was our first week of the Spring school holidays. The boys have been busy and mostly enjoying days at home. Both boys created some salad spinner art (above and below). Here are a few things I've been reading this week.
- It's a Material World by Sveta Pais at MariaMontessori.com. Sveta touches on a really important topic of parenting in a Montessori way.
- Colour of the Day Dishcloths at Happy Whimsical Hearts. I love this post so much, I've knitted dishcloths before and this is a fantastic idea from an Australian Waldorf family.
- This is the most gorgeous (wooden cursive name) puzzle at Midwest Montessori. Charlotte is a lovely name to see in cursive.
- Easy to Prepare Apple Activities for Preschoolers at The Pinay Homeschooler. I also adore this post Color Tints and Shades for Preschoolers.
- How the Montessori Method of learning creates better workers at Global Young Voices.
- How awesome is this natural geoboard at Teach Make Create! I might make one with some timber off-cuts!
- Looking for something to keep those older children busy? How about this Friendship Bracelet Tutorial at Art Projects for Kids.
- This is an inspiring story (watch the video) - Blossom Montessori School for the Deaf.
Interested to know more about Montessori in the home? Simone from The Montessori Notebooks has a 4-week online workshop Setting Up Your Home Montessori Style, starting Monday 26th September. Simone is an AMI Montessori teacher who has been working in the classroom since 2004. You can sign up to the online workshop here. I'm going to take the course and see what I can do to improve some of our home environments!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!