Where to find Children's (and Toddler's) Cutlery / Flatware
Have you found the perfect set of children's cutlery? One of my most frequently asked questions is where to find children's and toddler cutlery sets, with a knife. All of these sets above have a spoon, knife, and fork. Some of these can be used from weaning. I recommend, where possible to check the dimensions of the products and compare those to utensils your child is already using or compare them to an adult sized utensil.
1. Children's Hammered Flatware Set - For 3-6 years at For Small Hands.
2. Fabler - Three Piece Flatware Set - Ikea.
3. Oneida Paul Revere 3-Peice Child Set - Oneida (I have given this and the six piece set as gifts and loved them, the quality was fantastic).
4. Mealtime Utensil Set - Melissa and Doug.
5. Child's Stainless Steel Flatware - suitable for toddlers to three years - Constructive Playthings.
6. Children's 4 Piece Cutlery Set - Stainless Steel - Amazing Child Montessori.
7. Cosmopolitan Children Set Gift Boxed (Australia) - Maxwell and Williams (we also use this set, I would recommend from three years+).
8. 10cm Stainless Steel Cutlery (Australia) - suitable for toddlers and as a weaning set, we have used this set and it is the smallest set I could find with a knife included, also available at DragonflyToys (Australia), Montessori Design by Nuccia (UK), Sweet Giggles (Canada), Montessori Shop (NZ).
This set of cocktail flatware (World Market) may be worth checking out, I haven't used them personally and I can't see the dimensions however they have been suggested by other parents. If you are in the UK, Absorbent Minds Montessori also has this Four Piece Child's Stainless Steel Cutlery Set.
If you are looking for a nice cutlery set - I hope find some ideas here. While we are discussing cutlery, you might like this article - The Montessori Method of Eating!