How has your week been? Ours has been filled with medical and visa appointments to prepare for our move, and we still have so much to do! Have you moved internationally before? There is so much paperwork. Here are a few articles I've been enjoying this week:
- Travelling with a Montessori Baby at The Montessori Way.
- Independent Play: Five Hints to Get the Ball Rolling at Janet Lansbury. The Montessori and RIE approach are not always compatible but I really like this article.
- These suggestions are fantastic! My Top Items for an Elementary Montessori Home at The Prepared Environment.
- Who doesn't love those little carts? Grocery Shopping with Young Children at Our Montesstory.
- I am currently listening to the audiobook Baby Knows Best, I'm only a couple of chapters in, if you've read it let me know.
- Have you started introducing solids to your little one? If so, you might enjoy this article. Behold, the Weaning Table at It's Emily. In Real Life.
- This isn't a Montessori article, however, the ideas are good and many are suited to a Montessori home. Toys (+ Toy Storage) for Tiny Homes at The Tiny Canal Cottage.
- Some gift ideas. A Montessori Gift Guide for Babies, Toddlers and Pre-Schoolers at The Montessori Notebook.
- I'm always trying to stay one step ahead of my children, if you have a newborn like me you might enjoy reading On Jacob's Shelf at Six Months at Eltern vom Mars.
If you are interested to see how a Montessori classroom works and are local to the Brisbane area, Caboolture Montessori School is having an open day on Wednesday 15th November. I love touring Montessori schools!
Pictured above is Otto at eight weeks. Our moveable mirror has been fantastic and in this cooler weather, he is enjoying lying on the lambswool. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!