It's been a long time since I've written an Ikea post! We know Ikea has a lot of products suitable for a Montessori home. They have children's furniture, art supplies and so much more. Here are a few new, and new-to-me things I'm currently loving at Ikea!
- PLEJA Wire Basket - we have a couple of these baskets, they are so useful as medium size caddies around the home. I like them for nappy change areas, art supplies and children's gardening supplies.
- LUSTIGT Arts and Craft Storage Caddy - I love that the bottom tray can fit A4 size paper, this is perfect for storing children's art and craft supplies, a place for everything and everything in its place!
- LUSTIGT Lacing Beads.
- LUSTIGT Paint Roller - we need more than one, perhaps one for each colour? These are great for toddler painting activities.
- LUSTIGT Weaving Loom - I'm thinking this will be perfect outside for some nature weaving, it's much larger than it looks!
- LUSTIGT Origami Paper - you can never have enough.
- ÖRTFYLLD Spice Jars - always useful, perhaps for storage and display of small craft items (buttons, googly eyes).
- DJUNGELSKOG Matching Card Game - for memory or matching work.
- SKOGSLIV Matching Card Game - also for memory or matching work.
- YPPERLIG Child's Table with Benches - robust, easy to clean and looks good! I really like the bench seating.
- SKÅDIS Pegboard - I'm updating Caspar desk/workstation and I think this will be perfect for keeping his desk clear and clutter free.
- JÄLL Tabletop Ironing Board - when my children iron they use the smaller, tabletop ironing board.
- IKEA 356+ Jars - I love all of these new jars and their shapes. Perfect for plants, storage or science experiments.
- MÅLA Easel - this isn't new but did you know it now comes in different colours? I'm loving the blue and will shorten the legs to make it toddler size. (Colours may differ in other countries.)
- RISATORP Utility Cart - this isn't new but it's the first time I have seen it. Would work well for arts, or for general children's storage.
- VINTER Serving Tongs - really cute gold tongs for all things transferring and food prep. (This may be a UK only product.)
- KARLSNÄS Frame - this isn't new but I haven't seen it before, good for displaying small pieces of children's artwork or photographs. I love the minimal design, this would look lovely on the child's shelves.
- BROR Utility Cart - this is totally my style, Ikea calls it 'heavy duty', I'm loving it for an older child's (perhaps 9yrs+) science centre, children's resource library, or wood-working area.
If you like Ikea you might enjoy some of my other posts: