Montessori looks different in every home, so today I want to share a collection of posts from other families with children at the same age as Otto. Here are a few experiences and activities other families have enjoyed with their children at 16 months:
- On our shelves at 16 months at Our Montessori Journey
- Montessori Inspired Work at 16 Months at This Merry Montessori.
- Our Montessori Routine at 16 Months of Age at Mama's Happy Hive.
- Activities at 16 Months at Nduoma.
- Introducing Language Work at Montessori in Real Life. Dakota in this post is 16 months old.
- Montessori in Small Spaces at Diamond Montessori. Noora in this post is 16 months old.
All of my posts specifically for Otto at 16 months can be found here. Montessori is child led but I get so many ideas and inspiration from other parents.
Here are a few pictures from today. Otto using the wooden stacking pegs.
Using the shape-sorter. This one has an interchangeable lid, so you can start with one shape, then change shapes then move to two or three, or four shapes.
Stacking wooden bowls. At 16 months he can now stack all five bowls correctly.
Natural wooden stacker.