Have you ever thought about starting up your own Montessori playgroup? I have! It would be so much fun but also a lot of work, where do you start? Simone from the Montessori Notebook has developed an online boot camp to help parents and teachers start their own playgroups providing a ton of support and resources.
The boot camp is a two-week intensive online workshop that will help participants set up a Montessori playgroup, step-by-step. Simone is one of my favourite Montessorians, she is the author of The Montessori Toddler but most of all she is super friendly, relatable, approachable and an all-around fantastic human.
The boot camp runs from 24 June to 7 July 2019 - with lifetime access if you miss any of it or want to review it again.
Participants will receive:
- Comprehensive written lessons covering everything you need to know to get started.
- Two live video calls where you can ask questions (dates to be advised) - these will be recorded if you can't attend live.
- PDF checklists to download.
- Interviews with Simone's favourite Montessori playgroups around the world.
- A private Facebook or Instagram group to connect with others.
- Many more bonuses.
- Why a Montessori playgroup.
- Looking for a location.
- Materials you'll need + setting up your classroom.
- Planning your groups.
- Finances - including an example budget.
- Tips for working with children.
- Tips for working with parents including ideas for successful parent education.
- Preparing yourself as the guide.
- Getting the word out about your playgroup including social media.
- BONUS: Interviews with Simone's favourite Montessori playgroups around the globe.
- BONUS: List of resources to get you started from where to find materials, useful software to run the group, and people who can help you further.
- BONUS: Examples of handouts Simone uses with parents in her classes.
- And more...
Simone's aim is to help create high-quality Montessori playgroups around the world. If this sounds like you, I encourage you to have a look further, there are a few questions and answers about the course here.
Simone is an AMI-trained teacher, she has been working in Montessori for 15 years and has over 10 years experience running her own playgroup. I was surprised to find out she runs eight classes a week, every morning and three afternoons, with 12 families in each class, serving 100 families a week for the last ten years!! Wow!! She is willing to share all of her secrets, allowing you to skip the mistakes and get started now.
This course is perfect for trained Montessori teachers but also for parents wanting to self-organise and set up their own playgroups in their homes.
"I love working with parents and their children so that the whole family can benefit from Montessori 24/7. Attending a Montessori playgroup with my children changed how I parent my children. And I want to help even more families have this opportunity.
Running a Montessori playgroup has been the most rewarding job even though it never feels like work. I get to play every day, connect with young children, and support their families.
And it can easily be structured around having your own family. I still take 12 weeks of holidays to be with my own children and set up my classes so I could do school pick-ups." - Simone Davies
This post contains affiliate links. We may earn a small commission on purchases made through those links. Thank you for your continued support.