Puzzles are a big part of my toddler's work right now. Yes, he likes to play outside or tear around the house on his wheely bug or trike but he also has moments of concentrated work and a lot of that time is spent doing puzzles. He loves wooden peg puzzles but also the two and four piece jigsaw puzzles. These are the puzzles that he is using at 26 months, that we are rotating. Some of these he has been using for a few months and has mastered, while others are newish and are more of a challenge. Some are really easy (like the circle sorter) but because my toddler still uses them with lots of repetition we leave them out!
2. Simple Wooden Jigsaws - Animals (2,3 and 4 piece puzzles) (UK)
Two and Four Piece Jigsaw Puzzles - you can see the ones we use here.
- My First Puzzles - At the Farm
- My First Puzzles - Emergency Vehicles
- My First Puzzles - Animals
- My First Puzzles - At Work Vehicles
Simple shape puzzles:
4. Find and Fit Shapes - this one is hard to find but I'm still including it because my toddler is crazy about it and you may see one second hand or find one similar.
Size discrimination puzzles:
As well as being great for developing coordination, I love using puzzles to teach problem solving skills and persistence. I often see my toddler overcoming his frustration with a puzzle and there is that fantastic look of satisfaction once it is completed!
This post includes affiliate links. Thank you for your support.