- This Montessori toddler room at Joy of Discovery is lovely. The shelving provides storage while keeping the room looking light and open, it works so well!
- My favourite book this year, Let's Do This, is now available at Manine Montessori!
- Otis and I have been baking a lot these holidays, we have bookmarked these planet cookies to make next week. Decorating cookies isn't our strong point so wish us luck. I love the idea of combining science and baking, we should do it more often.
- Have you used a Language Tree at school or at home? When I get back to Australia I'm going to check these out. "LANGUAGE TREES are used as a language extension after introducing a child to concrete examples (either in nature or with plastic replicas). A child is intrigued by and wants to work with a tree, which offers more manipulation practice and also invites conversation about the inhabitants of trees. The hanging cards made to go in the tree are of plants, birds, animals and insects which can actually be found in a tree." - Montessori Materials.
- This is a good post without being overwhelming. How to Create a Montessori-inspired Playroom for toddlers and preschoolers at a little room 2 grow.
- Take a look inside this amazing Montessori school in Nigeria and this thoughtful post from Our Montessori Life.
I have a couple of posts planned before the new year including a review of Children's Chef's Knives. Both Caspar (12yrs) and Otis (8yrs) are getting Chef's Knives in their stockings and I hope they love them. I did a ton of research in choosing them which I want to share with you. Have a lovely Christmas!!