I hope you and your family are well. It's been such a stressful week for everyone. Here are a few things that I've been enjoying.
1. Juicing oranges. We love our electric juicer. For a toddler this really helps to set them up for success. Otto (2yrs) can make enough juice for the whole family, and it's a lot of fun too! Highly recommend!
2. Growing Beans! This is a fun activity for young children as the beans sprout and grow so quickly. Unlike when they are grown in soil, the child able to see the roots and all of the growth clearly. I can see us doing this over and over. I have a set of five test tubes and the idea is to plant them a few days apart so the children can see the different stages of growth.
3. Shades of Green. Inspired by the book Green, we've been exploring different shades of green. I typically don't like to limit my children in the materials they use but this was a hit. The older boys and I also had fun coming up with lots of different names for the various shades of green. All three children made lots of paintings and drawings, so I want to do this next weekend but with a different colour.
4. Reading.... tiny, perfect things. This is a wonderful book for troubled times. It is about a child and an adult going for a walk and noticing all of tiny, perfect things they see like a leaf or a spider web. "The world is full of perfect things when you come look with me.". In the back the pages fold out and you can retrace the walk and find all of the things found on the walk. It really is about noticing and appreciating all the small things around us. It's calming, peaceful and just lovely.
5. Berry Smoothies. We have been so conscious about what we are eating. Smoothies have been a great option for children's snacks and we've been adding a little probiotic!
Here are a few more things I've been loving:
- Our Montessori Home Tour at Jessie & Jake - In New Zealand.
- This is cute!! Making Faces, An Interactive Toddler Book at Cosmic Montessori School.
- Creating Security at Home: Self-Care and Finding Your Rhythm at Forest Bluff School.
- The Coolest Kids' Art Classes On Instagram to Tune Into Now at Mother Mag.
- This is now on Amazon (US & UK)! Montessori: Let The Child Be The Guide.
Take care and stay safe.
This post includes affiliate links. Thank you for your support.