Wow! What a week! Today I want to share five things that have brought me joy, a little spark of happiness in recent days.
1. A Sea Themed Playdough Tray. I'm encouraging Otto to mix the colours but so far he likes to keep them separate. Here we have some model animals, shells, starfish, seaside stamps and green and blue playdough.
2. A Story Basket for Reading Outside. We are taking so much of our learning outside in the shade. This magpie is so loveable and is perfect for cuddling while reading a story.
3. A Toddler Geoboard. Otto has only just been able to use this. He actually gets so frustrated with it he can throw it. I considered taking it away but I also noticed the joy and satisfaction he received when he was successful. I love to see those little fingers working so hard.
4. A Colour Matching Activity. Otto loves all kids of colour matching!
5. Cute Pasta Shapes for Toddlers. These are adorable and perfect for lunchtime.
A few other things I've found useful this week:
- Craving Freedom and Needing Structure at Mainly Montessori.
- A List of Authors Doing Virtual Storytime or Art Lessons at Everyday Reading.
- Green Kitchen Stories have so many fantastic plant based recipes, I love the Roasted Rainbow Root Tangles and Vegetable Flatbreads.
- An easy cake recipe for children at Let Grow.
- Work at Home Montessori Parent at Trillium Montessori. There are some good lesson ideas here too for young children.
- Our textured painting wall/box, continues to be a big hit and a focus of activity.
Take care and stay safe.