Highlights from our week!
How are you? Have restrictions started to lift where you live? This week my older boys go back to school, just for one day a week. They are really looking forward to it. With the virus numbers lowering I am looking forward to getting out in our community soon. Here are a few, little highlights from the past week.
If your child likes dot markers you might find refillable dabbers useful! You can mix your own colours and use paints you already have. I like to buy paint in bulk so this feels like an eco-friendly option. (Similar in US here).
No matter the time of year we are always growing something inside. I found these little window boxes which allow us to grow sprouts on our rather slim window sills. I love the colour of these pink sprouts!! I encourage the children to water all of our sprouts and seedlings with a dropper or pipette as it's super gentle and it's great for their fine motor skills.
Children really do learn best from other children. Otto (2.5yrs) didn't stick around for long but he briefly enjoyed cooking pancakes with Caspar (12yrs). It was a sibling effort as Otis (9yrs) made the pancake batter.
We took a costal nature walk. So good to feel the fresh ocean air!
Both of these are new and are on Otto's shelves! Otto is loving All of the Factors of Why I Love Tractors and Otis is reading Up Close with Bugs.
A few articles and things that I've been enjoying:
- 10 fun Montessori-inspired ways to introduce cooking to your child at Motherly.
- Our Montessori-inspired Home: Shared Spaces Between a Little Child (4-5 y.o) and a Crawling Baby (6-8 months old) at Mothers Abroad.
- Montessori At Home: What It Is And What It's Not at The Prepared Environment.
- Montessori: Planet Work is now available for pre-order!
- The Shark Head and Tail Puzzle Match in this Sharks Preschool Mini Unit at TPT.
- These Montessori Continent Boxes at Un monde Élidéal, using drawers from Ikea.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support.